The Crossing is a Chicago based rock/alternative act and full studio production company specializing in custom music catered to suit a wide variety of media needs.
- Recent media placements include: CBS, NBC, FOX, MTV, CW, NGC, Bravo, Style, Sundance, E!, Starz, Spike TV, Animal Planet, The History Channel, The Food Channel, The Discovery Channel, The Learning Channel, among others.
- Music feat... [More]ured in a 2011 global advertising campaign.
"... has mastered the art of mainstream rock ... deftly rendered lyrics are always couched within well crafted arrangements."
- Steve Forstneger / Illinois Entertainer
"What The Crossing do so well is create big time riffs that soar from your speakers and delight the senses. Vocally they are powerful and clear but hiding away just out of a sight a small element of grime to keep them just on the right side of naughty. Everything with this band flows nicely into the next item and that makes for damn good listening."
- Evil Inquisition Magazine
"... can bridge the generational gap with hooks, passion and beauty." - State of emergency.net
"... universal lyric wrapped in really nice vocals and music... an honesty in (the) music which really elevates..." - Taxi
"The Crossing have their own sounds that are as intricate and Technicolor as their album art and something that should not be passed by. This is one of those rare CD's where there is something to please any music fan that appreciates quality at its highest form!"
- Macavity / Muen Magazine
"I am a big fan of the songs."
- Brandon Gravestock / Musicdetox.com
"...this album shows the true musicianship that all bands strive for in their careers."
- Matt Miller / Morbid Miller's Top Unsigned Bands
"...energetic, guitar-driven rock... snappy, crunchy riffs and burning, distorted leads..."
- Patrick Conlan / Illinois Entertainer
"The Crossing have brought their own edge to a classic rock sound that will have you loving this album on the first listen...especially if you are fans of good classic rock like Rush and Journey, but also if you're into the newer rock and alternative bands that are being played on the radio today".
- Lissy MacMillan / Editor - Inclination Webzine
"We came across this group while networking on MySpace and love what they do."
-Sinful Sounds Music Magazine
"...have come up with a sound as well as a style to their band that I tried to compare with other bands?but came up empty. These guys OWN their sound - it's that simple...WICKED!"
- Tracy Forsyth-Lundy / Editor - Backstage Live Magazine
- Runner-up winner of VH1's song of the year competition !